- Continued clearing Juniper dead branches and mulching it to put onto roads for erosion control.
- Fed Raccoons dogfood
- Saw and rescued 2 small Geckos, both male and female who were hibernating in an old sheet.
- Saw Canyon Wren looking for a nest site at the house, there are 3 Wren nest boxes.
Archive for 'Erosion' Category
- Continued to spread Christmas tree mulch onto trails and driveways
- Saw a Black Crested Titmouse looking into every opening of the Purple Martin House system
White Wing Doves resting on Purple Martin bird house
- The first meaningful rain in more than 6 months, 2.6 inches! There was no visible run off. It had been dry for so long that the rain soaked into the ground.
- Saw Wild Turkeys
- Saw many Lesser Goldfinches
- Frogs returned to the pond - they must have been out in the rain
- Removed 1 large bag of KR grass
- Re-seeded with Buffalo and native grass 50 square feet around house
- Rescued some nice grasses
- Made berm to direct rain water out of polebarn
- Repaired leaky water line to pond for frogs
- Recycled trapped lime sand for berms
- Beefed up stick dam at draw
- Beefed up berm with dirt before draw crosses the road
- Added speed bumps near gate to divert rain water into field
- Removed Striped flag pond plant
- Now only native plant species in pond
- Saw Skunk eating dogfood with Raccoons
web application - database development by davidcdalton.com